community and school gardens in California

  • Subject: [cg] community and school gardens in California
  • From: Eric & Hoa Herter imagesvietnam@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 12:45:20 -0800 (PST)

Hi all --
We're doing a video on community and school gardens
nationwide, and are looking for suggestions as to
where to go and who to see in California. Actually,
other kinds of gardens used for humanitarian purposes
are also of interest -- such as gardens used to
benefit prisoners, patients, the disabled, etc.
 We posted a note here several weeks ago, saying that
we're working on a film about gardens from coast to
coast, with hopes of getting it broadcast nationwide.
Since then we've met with, and filmed, inspiring
gardeners and garden organizers in Minneapolis, Des
Moines, St. Louis, Ft. Worth, Sedona and Phoenix.
Southern then northern California are next, and we're
hoping to receive suggestions about inspiring gardens,
and gardeners who are passionate about their work.
This is becoming a very interesting film, and we're
sure you all can guess.
With all best wishes,
Eric Herter and Tran Thi Hoa