bcc: Green Tomato cookoff update #3

  • Subject: [cg] bcc: Green Tomato cookoff update #3
  • From: Claudia Slovacek <CPS@brehmgroup.com>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 14:18:54 -0500

Green Tomato Recipes

I'm sure some of you already have your green tomato cook-off recipes ready to go. Others, though, will be looking for a little help. Anna

Wasescha from Farm in the City sent me this link to a web site that has a surprising range of green tomato recipes:

www.sweetbabymedia.com/recipes/special/greentomato.shtml

Mennonite Green Tomato and Apple Pickle? Green Tomato Chow Chow? I'd wager that these would not be the most unusual recipes we've seen at the

cook-off. Recipes from past GSP green tomato festivals are available at www.greeninstitute.org/GSP.

Our fourth annual Green Tomato Festival will be held on Thursday, October 21 from 6:00 - 8:00 pm at St Paul's Church, 2742 15th Avenue

South in Minneapolis. Participate in the cook-off and win big prizes. Or just show up and taste the range of what people do with green

tomatoes. In previous years we've had green tomato pie, green tomato chili, green tomato bread pudding, and even green tomato cake. And of

course there will be fried green tomatoes.

For more information, contact GreenSpace Partners at 612-278-7123.