Re: Fencing

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Fencing
  • From: "Mike McGrath" MikeMcG@PTD.net
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:23:06 -0400

yeah--a really STRONG fence...
---McG from Philly

----- Original Message ----- From: "eliz" <eak@grandecom.net>
Cc: "ACGA listserve" <community_garden@mallorn.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 9:06 PM
Subject: [cg] Fencing

Are there any community gardens who have not had to put up a fence for
security? We are building a community garden behind a church in our
predominantly low-income neighborhood. We were hoping to avoid putting
up a fence as many people use the site as a short-cut to school, library
and businesses. With very little out there so far, we have already
experienced some vandalism. Any suggestions?

Elizabeth
Austin, Texas