Re: Fencing

  • Subject: Re: [cg] Fencing
  • From: "Jude Carson" cleobar@nbnet.nb.ca
  • Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2005 10:15:54 -0300

Here in Eastern Canada, we had to have a fence when we began, not to keep out vandals but rather, the deer. Our garden is located in the city of Saint John right across from the entrance to the largest public park in the country.

Now in our sixth year, we are noticing that plots are being plundered more frequently but we are reluctant to put locks on the gates as it will change the "mood" of the project. And apparently, some of our gardeners have seen young people climbing over the 6 ft. fence so if they want to get in they will. Cheers, from

Jude in New Brunswick
----- Original Message ----- From: "eliz" <eak@grandecom.net>