Michigan Community & School Garden Conference!

  • Subject: [cg] Michigan Community & School Garden Conference!
  • From: Amanda Maria Edmonds amanda@growinghope.net
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:22:36 -0400

COMMUNITY & SCHOOL GARDENS ARE IMPORTANT!
We know it...and it's time the rest of the world knows it, too!

Attend this year's Annual Michigan Community & School Garden Conference
in Lansing on November 18th & 19th to learn how to advocate for your
garden/program AND gain information and skills that will help you
strengthen your efforts.  This conference is appropriate for garden &
organization leaders, board members, partners, volunteers and general
supporters of community & school gardening and greening.  We're hoping
to have representation from garden efforts throughout the state--
please help us pass the word along!

Registration materials are available for download from
www.growinghope.net (link to registration is at the bottom of the
homepage) or we can email them to you if you get in touch (file size is
somewhat large).

The Michigan Community & School Garden Coalition has lined up some
spectacular speakers and presenters from Michigan and across the
region. DON'T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY!!!  The conference is generously
being supported by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO ANYONE YOU THINK MIGHT BE INTERESTED.
THANK YOU!

Amanda Edmonds, Growing Hope
Ashley Atkinson, The Greening of Detroit
Lisa Rose Starner, Mixed Greens
Roberta Miller, The Garden Project

Amanda Maria Edmonds
  Executive Director, Growing Hope
  amanda@growinghope.net
734.330.7576

"We must be the  change we wish to see in the world."
"To forget to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget
ourselves."
-Mahatma Ghandi