NYS DOT Garden Insurance

  • Subject: [cg] NYS DOT Garden Insurance
  • From: "Maureen O'Boyle" moboyle1@nyc.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:54:56 -0500

Having read the updated email on garden insurance, I think most Green Thumb
gardens feel a sense of relief and can wait out the winter.   As a NY State
DOT Green Thumb Garden site I am still very concerned about losing my site for
lack of insurance.   To the best of my knowledge DOT is not aware of this
insurance issue.   I am trying to get past the fact that NOSC allowed our
policy to default without any correspondence.   This was so socially
irresponsible of them, and no written word or apology of any type has gone
out.   We have carried insurance via NOSC for the past 8 years as required by
DOT.    I need 1 million dollars in liability insurance now, not in the
I have spent a great part of last week and this week in contact with over 15
brokers with no luck .    Today looks promising, but the initial quotes are
well over $1,000 some as high as $1,500.
We plan to purchase garden insurance for Nov05-Nov06, and then hopefully join
forces with GT for a discounted insurance plan.
If any other DOT gardens have successfully purchased insurance, please share
this information with me.   We are breaking our bank spending this type of
money on insurance.        Thanks, Maureen