Term limits

  • Subject: [cg] Term limits
  • From: "Sally McCabe" SMcCabe@Pennhort.org
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:13:29 -0500

With nearly 600 community gardens in Philadelphia, we have one garden
that we know of that imposed term limits, and that is in a very
high-density downtown neighborhood. (Limit is 5 years.)

Sally McCabe
Pennsylvania Horticultural Society

Hello Friends,

After 30 years of Community Gardens, we gardeners in Santa Monica, CA
are
now facing term limits being imposed by the City Attorney to limit the
City
Council's "Legal Risk."  of course, in a city with 85,000 people and 70
gardens,
we think MORE gardens would be rather helpful!

As far as we know, no other city in the U.S. has term  limits.  I am
compiling a list of cities with no limits and would  like to know about
any city that
has limits and how it works to present to  our Recreation & Parks
Commission
and then to the City Council in  November.  Your responses would be
extremely
helpful.

Thanks for your input, Susan

Susan  McCorry
230 Pacific Street # 108
Santa Monica, CA  90405
310-392-9244
Smcpistil@aol.com

"We have learned that the  only solution is love,
and that love comes with community." Dorothy  Day

End of community_garden Digest