Fwd: City supported water access

Dear Gardeners,
  I work for a small private foundation in Maryland. We have funded a local
organization to run a community greening program.  I am trying to come up
with examples of how other cities actively support such initiatives ( through
access to public water, etc) to present to our city gov't. If your city has
an established process that gardeners can go through to access public water ,
please write and tell me the details.  The more examples I have, the better
the chance of getting our city to endorse a similar program.  thanks, mary -
tkf.