Re: biotech, community gardening, the universe...

I add my agreement to the position below.  I stay on the list not just
because I garden (very haphazardly, I must admit), but because of the
"community" part of it.  I am interested in how people work together to
create these wonderful community spaces, and that automatically includes
all of the problems that go along with it.  Biotechnology, religion,
culture, disabilities, food security ... they are all related, and the
discussion is richer for the diversity.  I fear that we all
compartmentalize so many things in our lives, we grow less able to hear
other important ideas.  Who knows when you might hear the gem of an
inspiration in someone's message?
Clear subject titles are definitely an important way of screening unwanted
information.  Another method is to only provide summaries of articles and a
bibliographic reference or URL.
Like this:

>Organic View - An e-mail publication of the Organic
>Consumers Association
>
>The Organic Consumers Association is affiliated with the
>Campaign for Food Safety. To subscribe to CFS News - a free
>e-mail publication on genetic engineering and other adverse
>effects of industrial agriculture, go to: www.purefood.org
>
>v.1 n.16        October 29, 1999
>
>Contents
>1. National Organic Standards Board Told To Address Drift
>2. Alternative Organic Standards Approved
>3. Genetic Engineering A Hot Topic at Organic Expo
>4. FDA to Hold Public Hearings on GE Foods
>5. MN Unveils Innovative Organic Program
>6. Farm Coalition Speaks Out Against GE Crops
>7. Recent News

Mary

>From: "odin zackman" <odinonline@hotmail.com>
>To: community_garden@mallorn.com