From: Honigman, Adam [mailto:Adam.Honigman@bowne.com]
Sent: Monday, September 11, 2000 10:48 AM
To: community_garden@mallorn.com
Subject: RE: [cg] reclaimed water

This weekend we had some Israeli visitors who were bemused by our blithe,
turn -on- the- garden- hose NYC watering practices ( we have water piped
into out garden from the NYC system courtesy of the NY Parks Dept.)

Our visitors, a back-up  El Al  crew in for  UN festivities and former Negev
desert farmers, said that what we had spritzed in that afternoon would have
been sufficient to handle a decent crop of orange trees for a week using
their  drop-by-drop root irrigation systems.

This may have been a bit of  wry Israeli kibbutz  humor  but it gave us all
pause for thought. Water is gold.

Happy gardening,