RE: Conference???

Could someone give a brief review of the last session on Sunday (11:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon)?  I missed it because of my flight schedule.

Thank you,
Roberta Miller

The Garden Project
PO Box 30161
Lansing, MI 48909-7661
517-887-4660
gardenproject@ingham.org

>>> "Kerr, Thomas J." <KerrT@missouri.edu> 09/13/00 11:35AM >>>
Sharon,

There were a number of very exciting events, tours and sessions which marked
Atlanta as a superb conference. As one person reported: "I go to other
conferences for information; I come to ACGA conference for inspiration." I
couldn't agree more.

Some of the Board members and committee staffers mentioned gathering
insights, inputs and highlights of the conference. These would most likely
include the all wonderful annecdotes (such as a sincronized swimming team
which spelled out ACGA on Friday night in the pool!) from the weekend, as
well as references to the working sessions and sharing groups will lead the
list. Those will most likely appear on this list as well as in ACGA's
Community Greening Review.

In a couple of weeks, after folks have returned to their desks and can edit
the bar napkins and sidebars of their programs, there should be some fun
glimpses of the events and information exchanged. Of course, and
unfortunately for all not present, these highlights cannot compare to the
excited atmosphere and gracious hospitality of the Atlanta conference. For
that we can only repeat the common phrase repeated again and again of our
host organization - Georgia Extension and the Atlanta Urban Gardening
Program - not to mention the powerhouse of Bobby Wilson, and the tireless
staff supporting the conference.

In solidarity,
Tom

Tom Kerr
Food Circles Networking Project - Kansas City
University of Missouri Outreach and Extension
2700 E. 18th Street, Suite 240
Kansas City, MO 64127
tel: (816) 482-5888
fax: (816) 482-5880