community gardening in washington, DC

Hello,

I recently moved to Washington DC (Capitol Hill area) and would love to
find a community gardening group in this city that I can become involved in
on a volunteer basis. I unfortunately know little about community gardening
but am eager to learn. In particular I would like to join a group that
works to beautify urban space by starting gardens and that improves already
existing urban green space that is not well taken care of. If you have any
suggestions on who I can contact, please do let me know! I am not yet on
the listserve so please send your reply directly to my email address
(tmogues@students.wisc.edu).

Thank you!
Tewodaj

http://mail2web.com/ .