New member seeking info on grants

  • Subject: [cg] New member seeking info on grants
  • From: "Brock" greenhorn83@chaffee.net
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 13:46:53 -0600

Hi,

We recently started a community garden in our area and it has been a fantastic experience!  We are currently on land that we don't own but "lease" (for free basically) from two elderly local land owners.  Our position is very tenuous, because when they die, heirs may sell the property out from under us.  We have put a great deal of time, effort and money into this site and want to keep it.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any appropriate grants that we, as a nonprofit, could apply for in order to obtain funds to purchase the land.

Thank you very much.