The Price of a Community Garden

  • Subject: [cg] The Price of a Community Garden
  • From: "Jim Call" jimcall@casagarden.com
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:45:18 -0500

To All,

Now picture this.... for the price of one season ticket (thats 1) to attend all the Alabama football home games,
we could operate our community garden (normal annual expenses and not capital expeditures).  This garden feeds hundreds every year.
We have a home delivery list of over 500 individuals.

Those who don't believe Alabama (or the South) isn't seriously about football,  read this story.

I'm not bragging about this misguided perception of devotion.  I wish more would be fanatical about helping others.

We live in a strange world.

Jim Call,  CASA Community Garden Volunteer Director
              www.casagarden.com