Got chickens?

  • Subject: [cg] Got chickens?
  • From: Laura Berman <laura@foodshare.net>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 08:43:14 -0400

OK gardeners, here's a request form a journalist for stories about backyard
livestock--got any?
As always, please reply to her and NOT to me ;o)

See you in Toronto in 16 days!
Laura

--------------------

Hi Laura,
I'm a journalist writing about a for-profit venture in England promoting
backyard chicken coops. The owners are promoting their product as a way to
reclaim their food source while having a nice pet.

I'm wondering if you're familiar with other projects in Canada or other
developed countries where people are raising livestock in their gardens and
backyards in urban and suburban areas?

This story will appear in The Star-Ledger of New Jersey, as well as any of
the 50 papers served by the Newhouse News Service that choose to run the
article.

Thank you for your help.

Rebecca Goldsmith
Europe Correspondent
The Star-Ledger and Newhouse News Service
www.nj.com/starledger
+44 207 152 3342
rgoldsmith@starledger.com

Mailing address:
The Star-Ledger, Europe Bureau
Vogue House, 7th floor
Hanover Square
London W1S 1JU
United Kingdom

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information that is
privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure.  If you are
not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail, purge it and do not disseminate or copy it.