Liability Insurance for Community Garden

  • Subject: [cg] Liability Insurance for Community Garden
  • From: "Fred Mabry" fmabry@carolina.net
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:26:59 -0400

Hi everyone!  I am in the process of trying to promote the idea of turning an
empty field owned and near my church into a community garden.  One big concern
is the cost of insurance.  Do any of you have information in reference to your
insurance policies?

I intend to ask a local farmer to disc the field and help to prepare the soil
for planting next spring after dividing the land into plots.  It is my thought
it will be planted and gardened by individuals and/or groups to help feed
themselves or the hungry in our community, or plant flowers and plants that
could be used to landscape Habitat houses.

Are there any church connected community gardens? (Presbyterian USA is the
denomination of my church.)

Thanks for any future info.

Scotland County, North Carolina