4th Annual Hell's Kitchen Heroes Picnic

  • Subject: [cg] 4th Annual Hell's Kitchen Heroes Picnic
  • From: Adam36055@aol.com
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:57:50 EDT

> The CCG Steering Committee would like to invite you to participate in the
> 4th Annual Hell's Kitchen Heroes Barbecue, honoring our first responders in
> the local police precincts, firehouses and EMT centers in the neighborhood.
> It will be taking place on Saturday, 9/24 from 3:00pm until dusk. Rain date
> will be Sunday, 9/25. All are welcome to attend, but we ask that you bring a
>
> salad, a side dish or beverages to share. We will be providing hamburgers
> and hotdogs.

A number of the firemen who will be attending, including the Captain of
Engine 54 (a block away from the Clinton Community Garden, a house that lost a
dozen men on 9/11) helped clean up and reorganize fire stations and service in New
Orleans. A returned favor for the firemen who came up to NYC to cook gumbo,
stand watch, and help us bind wounds along with so many from all over the US &
Canada.

We'll be thanking them for helping, and remembering the folks who help and
helped us.