garden maintenance by youth

Do you know of any successful organized youth gardening groups that
maintain city streetscapes, that would require a water truck, pump,
supervisor with pesticide applicator permit, weeding, trash pick up,
deadheading?  Here in Indianapolis, a local neighborhood assn. organized
a maintenance business with youth, but it fell apart when the kids went
back to school.  We're trying to decide if we want to do this in-house
and I'd love to hear about other similar successful programs.
I'm an ACGA member and good friend of Tom Tyler.  my e-mail address is:
anne@indydt.com.  Thanks so much for your help.