Americans live in environmental glass houses.

With all due respect, Adam,  Americans, who consume 10 TIMES their
proportionate share of the planet's resources, should NOT be throwing
stones. The American lifestyle - gas guzzing SUV's, 2500 square foot
(250 square Meters, if think) houses (which need to heated, cooled,
furnished, redocorated, etc.), genetically modified foods, paper for
everything, meat-for-every-meal are destroying the planet's entire

Even worse American companies are "selling our lifestyle" abroad
encouraging even more destructive consumerism for every person.  Every
choice you make (eat meat, buy a cheap plastic outdor chair) has an
effect elsewhere.

Where do you think that cheap plastic outdoor chair came from?
Whose environment is it degrading?

Where is the demand for rain forest-destroying products coming from?
The USA & other industrialized nations for raw materials: metals/ores,
wood, soy (to feed our beef).  If we didn't need it, do you think they
would be trying to sell it to us?  Would they be destroying rain forest
for something they can't sell?

Every small pro-environment choice adds up.

As Pete Seeger said (paraphrased) at the NYC Community Garden Standing
Our Ground, "In 100 years, the Hudson River will be clean.  Either we
cleaned up our environment or we won't be here."

We all must do what we can and pray it's enough.

living in the good ole USA,