Rural Community Gardens

I am a graduate student at the Tufts University School of Nutrition
Science and Policy, and the School of Public Health.  As part of my course
work, I am conducting an independent study on community gardens for
the Center on Hunger and Poverty.

Specifically, I am interested in learning about community gardens in rural
settings to find out the types of "models" that work best in rural
areas.  Through a survey of garden managers, I hope to determine how
various garden models are employed in rural areas throughout the United
States.  Findings of this survey will enable both individuals and
organizations to effectively establish community gardens.

I have attached a copy of the survey.  For those of you who work with
community gardens and have a few minutes to fill it out, I would really
appreciate your input.  Even if you do not work in rural areas, please
feel free to fill out a survey.  Surveys can either be
returned by e-mail, fax, or regular mail (contact information given
below).

Also, please let me know if you are aware of any rural gardening
projects that might be willing to participate in this project.

Thank you, in advance, for your assistance.

Sincerely,
Ashley Sullivan
Center on Hunger and Poverty
Tufts University