RE: hardy ferns

  • Subject: RE: hardy ferns
  • From: "Guertin, Darryl A. \(North Houston\)" <cjlm7@allstate.com>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:11:15 -0500

Don't know about the zone, but you might look into Nephrolepis Biserrata
and / or Biserrata 'Furcans.'  Those are the first two that spring to
mind in that size that are at least somewhat native.  M. Struthiopteris
should survive through the winter there, and is quite large, as well as
Osmunda Regalis, O. Cinnamomea, Athyrium Pycnocarpon...

   Best,

     Darryl