Spore sowing medium.

  • Subject: Spore sowing medium.
  • From: "Darren Lloyd" <Darren@ferntastic.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:35:03 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I wonder if you could tell me please which medium you are using for sowing
spore pots?

I have had some success using "Seed Starting Jiffy-Mix", but recently the
supplier switched to "Black Gold Seedling Mix" instead. Both use sphagnum
moss as the main ingredient, but virtually all of the pots sown with "Black
Gold" have developed algae on top of the medium, which does not seem to be
the case with "Jiffy-Mix".

Darren Lloyd