Re: Pesky Ferns

Thanks...I may try it!

>From: helen urban >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >To: ferns@hort.net
>Subject: Re: [ferns] Pesky Ferns >Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 00:51:39 -0500
(GMT-05:00) > >Hi carol- you may not remember me- you sent me some plants
some time ago-they are doing well and help to fill some of the empty
space in my greenhouse. Yes boston fern is very invasive-I cut mine down
with the lawn mower. You can try something called bush begone-be careful
because the stuff kills any thing it touches and is toxic to people. I
just keep pulling the stuff up. good luck sue urban > >-----Original
Message----- >From: carol noel >Sent: Nov 30, 2003 4:24 PM >To:
ferns@hort.net >Subject: [ferns] Pesky Ferns > >Now, please, don't sent
out the posse to string me up for such >heresy...but one of our BIG pests
here is a variety of Boston Fern... It >grows viciously where it is not
wanted...is there ANYthing that will do >it in? Round-up doesn't phase
it, pulling it out only encourages more to >come up. We live on the E.
side of the Big Island of Hawaii...and the >weather and temp just thrills
them to pieces...so many pieces! Can >anyone suggest a way to rid areas
of this fern. I AM frond of ferns and >have many planted about...but this
one is invasive... Thanks in >advance... Carol >