fern breeding

  • Subject: [ferns] fern breeding
  • From: Tony Avent tony@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2004 09:43:33 -0500

Fern Growers:

	Excuse the strange Christmas question, but does anyone know of a list of
apogamous ferns...especially winter hardy ones?  I can find mostly general
statements about specific groups with only a few specific examples.

	Also, whene breeding ferns, is the hardiness of the offspring intermediate
 between the parents as is the case with most flowering plants, or does it
tend toward either the male or female parent?

	Thanks and happy holidays.
Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden