  • Subject: [ferns] cheilanthes
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" cfao@iway.na
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 15:25:35 +0200

To all the ferny people around the world.

I got a list of cheilanthes species that can be found in Namibia.  The only
problem is I am not able to find any photo's or sketches of these plants.  I
would love to try and locate some of these plants during the raining season
which is about to start but I thought it would be easier if I had illustration
etc to look at.  And if I have these I could ask around if people might have
seen some of them around.

I thought I could ask you maybe you might be able to asist me somewhere.

Cheilanthes capensis
C. deltoidea
C. dinteri
C. eckloniana
C. hastata
C. hirta
C. inaequalis
C. involuta
C. kunzei
C. marlothii
C. multifida
C. namaquensis
C. nielsii
C. parviloba
C. pentagona
C. rawsonii
C. robusta
Pellaea calomelanos
P. dura
P. pectiniformis
      Ophioglossum costatum R.Br.

      Ophioglossum lancifolium C.Presl

      Ophioglossum polyphyllum A.Braun

      Ophioglossum reticulatum

      Adiantum incisum

      Adiantum poiretii

      The website where I found this names wasn't even able to give me
locations on these plants which I found rather dissapointing.  But at least
now I know there a very nice selection of xerophytic ferns in Namibia

      I would really appreciate your help immensely.

      Kind regards from Namibia