Re: Staghorn with Ophioglossum

  • Subject: Re: Staghorn with Ophioglossum
  • From: Regferns@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:03:41 EST

I do not plan to remove these "ribbons."  I will allow them to grow
naturally.  They are not bunched together.  In fact, one strand is  coming out of the
same place where the fronds come from.  I am not sure how  much spore entered
the platycerium (or when).  Germination period is  a long process for
Ophioglossum pendulum.  I am just thrilled that it  has happened at all.

Reggie  Whitehead
South Miami, Florida