RE: Greetings Fern Folk!

  • Subject: RE: Greetings Fern Folk!
  • From: "Tony Avent" <tony@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 14:48:52 -0500

We had Pyrrosia sheareri overwinter now for 2 years in the garden, with a
low so far of 9 degrees F last winter.  This is after killing three plants
in earlier years, all because of planting them flat.  That's one thing I've
learned about all pyrrosias, they hate to be planted flat in the garden...at
least in cold winter climates.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three
times" - Avent