P. superbum

  • Subject: [ferns] P. superbum
  • From: "philip crabb" ninnescah@hotmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 22:21:54 -0600

Hi Mike and Candy,

No, I've had no problem at all. I've not been a customer, but I'd venture to suppose that if they handle business with the ability with which they grow their ferns, I'd be happy.

The thought I poorly expressed is this: There is such irony that occasionally the well-seasoned, highly respected experts of fernet seem vexed by horticultural problems that less experienced growers may simply take in stride.

Elmore Ferns grows beautiful ferns, at least from the photos I've seen. They grow the easiest of the shield-type stags and they grow P. hillii. Something tells me that they've not been at it a particularly long time, but they've clearly got it down pat. They describe their growing experience and recommendations in a straightforward and upbeat way. They don't rue and fret about losses and difficulties and impossibilities, at least not on their website. They're taking a fresh run at it, and I'm all for it.

That's what I meant, and should have said.

Philip Crabb