Re: Enstar II

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Enstar II
  • From: Duane Petersen dpetersen11@cox.net
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 15:54:04 -0600

Enstar II is a systemic manufactured by wWellmark. It should be available at most wholesale establishments. It costs about $70 for 4-5 oz., but you use a tiny bit so it lasts a long time. I don't know if it is in retail. It works very well on all the scale, except I am marginally successful with that wonderful oleander scale. For these I still resort to the old lux liquid, malathion water and dunk. If it doesn't kill'em it'll cure'em. Duane Petersen

Roy Vail wrote:

Some time back Enstar II was mentioned as an
insecticide that could be used on ferns, Platys in
particular.
What is it? Is it a brand name with a particular
active ingredient, or is it an active ingredient in
various products?

Roy Vail
Mena, Arkansas USA
Zone 7a