Fern Collections

  • Subject: [ferns] Fern Collections
  • From: StevenJRoyer@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 10:38:20 -0500

Hello all,

I am trying to get some of my planning done for the new growing season coming up, not soon enough for the midwest I think.  I have 2 desideratas below, one for the conservatory (which I am open to species in trying to develop a nicely rounded collection, so far at about 125 taxa in 1000 sq ft) and a hardy collection which I am close to 100 taxa hardy to zone 6 and below.  Any help or potential exchane of material would b greatly appreciated thank you!

Steven J. Royer, MS
Special Projects Manager
Fernwood Botanical Garden & Nature Preserve
269/695-6491 x 212

Desiderata for Fern House

Acrostichum aureum
Acrostichum danaeifolium
Actinopteris
Asplenium antiguum
Anemia adiantafolia
Arachnoides aristata
Arachnoides standishii
Arachnoides simplicolor
Arthopteris tenella
Aspidotis
Astrolepis sinuata
Bolbitis heteroclite
Bommeria hispida
Ceratopteris pteridoides
Conogramme
Ctenitis
Cyrtomium balansae
Cyrtomium falcatum bMaritimumb
Dipteris conjugate
Gleichenia
Hymenophyllum
Marattia
Marsilea
Oleandra pistillaris
Stenochlaena
Sticherus
Vittaria
Woodwardia fimbriata
Woodwardia radicans

Hardy Fern Desiderata

Adiantum pedatum 'Miss Sharples'
Asplenium trichomanes Incisum
Athyrium angustum 'Lady in Red'
Athyrium Branford Rambler'
Athyrium filix-femina 'Frizelliae'
Athyrium filix-femina 'Veroniae'
Athyrium filix-femina Victoria
Athyrium x 'Branford Beauty'
Blechnum penna-marina
Cystopteris dickiena
Dryopteris affinis cambriensis
Dryopteris championii
Dryopteris dilatata crispa 'Lepidota Cristata'
Dryopteris dilatata crispa 'Recurvata'
Dryopteris dilatata crispa 'Whiteside'
Dryopteris filix-mas 'Crispatissima'
Dryopteris filix-mas cristata 'Jackson'
Dryopteris filix-mas cristata 'Martinsdale'
Dryopteris filix-mas 'Grandiceps'
Dryopteris filix-mas 'Linearis Polydactyla'
Dryopteris filix-mas 'Robusta'
Dryopteris hondoensis
Dryopteris lacera
Dryopteris montana
Dryopteris oreades
Dryopteris pycnopteroides
Dryopteris sieboldii
Dryopteris uniformis cristata
Dryopteris villarii
Gymnocarpon dryopteris 'Plumosum'
Matteuccia struthiopteris 'Jumbo'
Osmunda cinnamomea
Osmunda regalis 'Purpuracens'
Osmunda regalis spectabilis
Polypodium vulgare 'Bifido Multifida'
Polystichum ovato-palaeceum
Polystichum retrosepalaeceum
Polystichum setiferum 'Angulare'
Polystichum setiferum 'Congestum Cristatum'
Polystichum setiferum 'Herrenhauser'
Polystichum setiferum plumosum
Thelypteris decursive pinnata
Woodsia obtusa