Re: scale

Hi Julia:

P. Superbum prefer to be kept on the dry side.
However, after mounting in Sphagnum, I would keep the
plant moist for the first two weeks as the plant
acclimates to it's new home then damp to moist after
that.  A very, very light feeding will help as well.

One more thing.  P. Superbum sunburns easily so
trickling light to shade is preferred.

Good Luck!

--- "Redman, Julia" <jredman@tigr.org> wrote:
> Hi people,
> I've got some scale on a young Platycerium superbum.
>  Its still potted
> but the plant covers the surface of the pot (making
> it difficult to
> treat the bugs by adding systemics to the soil).
> The only reason I have
> not mounted it yet, incidentally, is because the
> last one I mounted
> didn't make it...are there any tricks to getting a
> mounted fern to
> establish?
> Thanks,
> Julia