Re: Plant damage

The funniest sight I ever saw at Fernwood was a groundhog feasting on some little edging dahlias. He sat in the bed and reached out with first one front paw ant then the next, breaking off one bloom after another and stuffing them into his mouth. I can imagine the same with the Adiantums. My complaint is the entire D. goldiana frond skeletonized by the Japanese beetles. :-)

Betty in South Bend IN

The way groundhogs 'graze' is to sit on their hind ends and reach out and break off plant parts.