RE: Fern/garden shots

  • Subject: RE: Fern/garden shots
  • From: "Guertin, Darryl A. \(North Houston\)" <cjlm7@allstate.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:12:31 -0500

Speaking of gardens, and California, for that matter, I happened to be
in the San Diego area at the beginning of the month, and was positively
*thrilled* to see so many ferns while there!  These bloody people have
C. Cooperi and D. Antarctica growing in strip centres!  Spent a day at
Sea World, and filled the 2GB card on my phone with fern photos.
Lovely, huge Microlepia Strigosa, massive Woodwardia Fimbriata (was
tempted to pinch a few pinnae off that one), C. Cooperi, D. Antarctica,
P. Bifurcatum, Diplazium, Nephrolepis, Polystichum...  For a place that
isn't a dedicated botanical garden, I was just chuffed as could be!
Will get the photos transferred somewhere as soon as possible so I can
share.

   Best,

     Darryl