Platycerium in Florida

  • Subject: [ferns] Platycerium in Florida
  • From: "Louwrens Opperman" opperla@lantic.net
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 23:03:02 +0200

Hi All

I received this question via my site and do not know what the climate is
like in Northern Florida. Will someone please be kind enough to let me know
what the answer to the question is?

The plants in the images are two good looking clumps of Platycerium
bifurcatum.
"I am moving from S Florida to N Florida around the Pensacola Area.  I have
these two plants that I have grown from babies(pictures attached).  Do you
think they can tolerate the temperatures in the Pensacola area?"

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Regards

Louwrens

Louwrens Opperman (Pretoria, South Africa)
now on the www with my Platycerium site at
www.platycerium.co.za