Missing Ferns Mail?

  • Subject: [ferns] Missing Ferns Mail?
  • From: Ross Koning <rkoning@snet.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:49:50 -0400

Hi folks,

This time of year generally requires me to write an email to our subscribers
reminding them that in the summer our volume of email traffic eases as we
spend more time with our family and ferns.

It is also true that in all email correspondence of our type, the pathways that
emails take in cyberspace vary in number of transfers and time in transit. So
a question posed to ferns@hort.net may arrive after someone's answer to the
question! The original just took a slower path to get to you than to the person
whose answer arrived so rapidly.

Also, let me remind you that spam filters and "learning cycles" on your
smart email program may filter out messages from our members because
their address was used by some spammer or some virus and is now blocked
by your email provider or your own email client "training" protocol.

And, finally, please keep an email from fernet in your summer mailbox or a
folder somewhere. This way, should you stop checking your email regularly,
your mailbox fills up, and I start getting lots of "mailbox full" messages from
your email provider, and unsubscribe you...you will be able to reactivate
your subscription when you get back from vacation.

As Wim pointed out...you can check our web archives for things you
missed.

ross (list-dad)