From: owner-ferns@hort.net [mailto:owner-ferns@hort.net] On Behalf Of David
Sent: Saturday, 24 June 2006 2:56 PM
To: ferns@hort.net
Subject: Re: [ferns] Adiantum capillus-veneris

The other day I said I thought A. capillus-verneris was native also in
Oz.  I now have access to my books, and Jones and Clemesha (Australian
Ferns and Fern Allies) say of the species:

"A fern that is widespread throughout the world, but in Australia is
confined to the tropics and relatively uncommon. It usually grows among
rocks on ledges and cliffs close to water."

Keith R. might also be aware that they say: "Also South Australia in
limestone areas along the Murray River" (therefore close to Keith in

David Nicholls