Pellaea atropurpurea

  • Subject: [ferns] Pellaea atropurpurea
  • From: Hal or Nancy Robinson robyn82@bellsouth.net
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 12:27:57 -0500

We just returned from Asheville, NC and the national daffodil
convention.  On the trip to Biltmore Mansion the most wonderful Pellaea
atropurpurea was growing on the mortar of the retaining wall.  We got
pictures but will have to find out out to show them.  I have never seen
as many plants but hope to since mine are growing very well.  Now I need
a wall 15 feet high made of hand carved blocks of marble.
Nancy Robinson  Tennessee zone 6b