Spiders, slugs or snails

  • Subject: [ferns] Spiders, slugs or snails
  • From: "Doret Vermeulen" <cfa@mweb.com.na>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 10:09:40 +0200

Hi Everyone,

I need some advise please.

I know that most people would differ from me but I really do need to do
something about SPIDERS.

I know spiders eat lots of other insects but at this stage they are totally
covering my ferns with there webs.  I clean it very often but now often is
not
enough.  I can clean it this afternoon tomorrow they will be covered again
with all these ugly webs.

I don't want to spray just any other insecticide as we have other night
lizards living there for years now and I am affraid they will die as well.

The other problem are slugs are that those without the little house on their
backs.  Because we have overhead watering and the snailbait are always
getting wet.
Ast the big problem is during the rainy season which are ending in a month's
time but at this stage they are just eating away.

Thanks.
Doret