Re: Spiders, slugs or snails

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Spiders, slugs or snails
  • From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:33:39 -0500

Doret, have you seen the spiders?  If not, and the webs are tight
against the foliage, I wonder if you're having a spider mite attack?

Besides Sluggo, there are other brands of slug bait based on iron

Escar-Go, Worry Free, Walmart's Garden Safe brand 'Slug and Snail
Bait', and regionally available Schultz brand bait found it at
Meijer's.  If you cannot find any of these in local stores, Sluggo
and Escar-Go are easily found on the web; just plug a name into
Google and go.

All are benign to wildlife (except slugs and snails) and pets.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Battling Bambi
All Suite101.com garden topics :