Re: Request for ID help

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Request for ID help
  • From: "Brian Aikins" brcazagrps@comcast.net
  • Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 01:22:25 -0800

Hello Brian,

Your fern appears to be Microgramma squamulosum. I sent the link to a friend in Porto-Alegre, Brazil, and he examined the plant while viewing your web page. Every characteristic matched, including the tiny scales on the ventral midrib. The only other Microgramma in his area is M. vacciniifolia, which is much smaller and very different.

-Brian Aikins

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Swale" <bj@caverock.net.nz>