Re: horsetail close-ups

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] horsetail close-ups
  • From: "Larry Shone" greenlarry@ntlworld.com
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 14:06:10 +0100

Neat set up Wim, sound like you got quite a magnification range(set of 3
extension tubes plus a 50mm should give at least 2.5 X)
Do you not have a macro lens or a lens of between 80 and 135mm focal
length-you would be better to reverse the 50 onto that, then you wouldnt
suffer any light loss which is inevitable when using extension tubes.
(I reverse a 50 onto my 100 macro on my Canon EOS 300 which gives 2X