Re: Sadleria cyatheoides

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Sadleria cyatheoides
  • From: Betsy Feuerstein ecuador@midsouth.rr.com
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 22:22:50 -0600

Dean, there is one more option you are not considering. Having done a great deal
of collecting of aroids in the Andes, I can tell you often the higher altitude
anthuriums come out with new foliage that is red. You might consider the ultra
violet rays being stronger at higher altitude. Can't tell you this for a fact, but
it is not only the ferns that do this and not only in Hawaii. It is also true of
the ferns in the Andes............ just another option to think about.

Betsy