Re: Mikrophos

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] Mikrophos
  • From: Bob Needham <bneedham@cisco.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 09:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Simply put, do not use "soft water" for plants of any kind.
Tap water or even well water can contain dissolved minerals
which will eventually build up in the soil over the years.
As a potted plant uses the water (and some, but not all of
the minerals) minerals will build up in the soil. Repot
using new soils every few years. ...Or use distilled water
if you don't want to repot or if you are as obsessive as
some of us are.  ;^>
-BN