RE: vermin

Yes...you water it into the plant and all those sucking nasties have a
"Jonestown Experience"...I mix 1 (one) oz. per gal. of water....(I give
the pot two consecutive pours just to make sure).  No smell at all.
Works for me!  I think it is called Provado in Scandinavia.

Aloha,

Carol

>From: "Winter, Wim de" <Wim.dewinter@wur.nl> >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net
>To: <ferns@hort.net> >Subject: RE: [ferns] vermin >Date: Fri, 12 Nov
2004 22:08:27 +0100 > >I got five sticks of Imidocloprid in the Clivia
pot now and the most possitive >I can say about it, is that the ferns in
the same room don't get infested at a >rate faster than can be controlled
by hand. (Some of them got their own >sticks, apparently w/o adverse
effects). But there's still too many of them >bugs alive to declare the
war won. > >The Clivia is a huge heirloom which my wife holds in higher
esteem than my >ferns (please don't comment). The problem is not to kill
the mealies, but to >kill them all, for there's so many little spaces
where the spray apparently >doesn't enter. Gas would do, as would an
agent taken up by the roots. Maybe >I'd increase the dosis even more. >
stuff? > >Wim > > >-----Original Message----- >From: owner-ferns@hort.net
on behalf of carol noel >Sent: Fri 11/12/2004 6:22 PM >To: ferns@hort.net
>Cc: >Subject: RE: [ferns] vermin > >Are ferns fussy about Imidocloprid?
> >I use the Tree and Shrub stuff as a drench on all of my hoyas (close
to >200 species/cultivars) with no ill effect at all - and it kills all
>sucking critters for up to 6 months - should work on the Clivia too...I
>drench everything with it but have not done ferns.  [IMAGE] > >Carol > >
>From: "Winter, Wim de" <Wim.dewinter@wur.nl> >Reply-To: ferns@hort.net >
>To: <ferns@hort.net> >Subject: RE: [ferns] vermin >Date: Fri, 12 Nov
>2004 14:46:04 +0100 > >Does lack of oxygen kill the bugs? In other
words, >would it be worth the >trouble  getting a huge plastic bag (my
permanent >source of mealies is a huge >Clivia), put the plant in there,
and have a >candle burn the ox away? > >Wim > >[demime 1.01d removed an
attachment of >type application/ms-tnef which had a name of winmail.dat]