Re: "Where the Red Fern Grows"

  • Subject: Re: [ferns] "Where the Red Fern Grows"
  • From: "Brian Swale" bj@caverock.net.nz
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 09:56:23 +1300

Hi everybody,

Thanks to all and especially to Tom Stuart to a full and lucid explanation of
the Red Fern saga.

I had suspected something like this might be at the bottom of it all, but not
to the degree revealed.

Yes, I know about red Blechnums, especially when growing in very nutrient-
poor sites, and I'll throw in the name of another genus for good measure -
Doodia - which also frequently has ruddy fronds when new..

Many thanks.

I'll be interested to have the response from the source of the query that
started this.

Brian Swale