Stumperies

Mr. Martin Rickard in his book '...Garden Ferns' has a discussion on
stumperies as an effective way to display fern collections. We are in the
process of enlarging and renovating a Hardy Fern Foundation fern display
garden here in Louisville and are intrigued by the notion.  We would be very
interested in any information available, especially additional information
sources and tips on design and installation.
Ralph in Louisville, KY USA
Zone 6 on the edge of 5