Fwd: hort.net hard drive failure

  • Subject: [ferns] Fwd: hort.net hard drive failure
  • From: Ross Koning rkoning@snet.net
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:09:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Fern Folk!

I am forwarding the message below from the host of our
For most of us there is only one message:

***Christopher Lindsey is a wonderful host!***

For those of you on the ferns-digest list, there is
one additional message:

***You may want to check out what you received in
todays digest as indicated below:***

--- "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>

> Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:32:16 -0500
> From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
> To: perennials@hort.net, gardenchat@hort.net,
> woodyplants@hort.net,
>         propagation@hort.net, pumpkins@hort.net
> CC: owner-iris@hort.net, owner-hosta-open@hort.net,
> owner-ferns@hort.net
> Subject: hort.net hard drive failure
> Hi everyone,
>    I wanted to let you know that hort.net had a hard
> drive fail on the
>    mail server today.  No messages have been lost,
> however digests from
>    today may be incomplete.
>    If you receive the digest version of the mailing
> list please check
>    the archives at
>       http://www.hort.net/lists/
>    to see if you've missed anything.
>    Additionally, the mail server will be down
> tonight for a couple of
>    hours as I put in a permanent, brand-new
> replacement drive and
>    reinstall the system.  No mail will be lost
> during that time; it
>    will only be delayed.
>    I'm sending this to lists that I manage, but in
> other cases I'm only
>    forwarding it to the listowners.  If you're one
> of the owners on the
>    Cc: line, feel free to forward this to your list
> membership.
> Thanks,