RE: Is it dead yet?

  • Subject: [ferns] RE: Is it dead yet?
  • From: "Guertin, Darryl A. \(North Houston\)" cjlm7@allstate.com
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 09:39:39 -0500

 Quick question on 'how dead is dead' for you.  I picked up a couple of
tree ferns back in late May or early June.  I was tending to them well,
when I had to leave town for about a week and a half.  My wife, bless
her heart, couldn't keep a cactus alive, and forgot to water it.  I gave
it a good single soak when I got in after 9 or so days, and it seemed to
recover well enough.  It sprouted one more frond, anyway.  Then it
promptly offed-it.  I kept watch over it for another couple of weeks,
but now it's just outside in its old pot, sitting aside from the house.
If it's really gone gone, I'll just toss it in the bin, I suppose.  Any