Re: CD (was) Fern from New Guinea

  • Subject: [ferns] Re: CD (was) Fern from New Guinea
  • From: "Brian Swale" bj@caverock.net.nz
  • Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:09:50 +1200

Denise wrote,
> Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 09:02:58 +0930
> From: "Denise" <101989@lizzy.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [ferns] Fern from New Guinea
> Hi Brian
> Even though this was a little while ago, on going through and sorting some of my
> emails I notice on the bottom of this mail you mention "your CD".,  I is this
> what
>  you were sent from where you were trying to identify fern or do you have a CD
> available on ferns or is it viewable on line??
> Regards Denise.

At the URL   http://homepages.caverock.net.nz/~bj/fern/

you will find links to my database of ferns, and a link to a page giving
information about a CD containing all the online data and more as well.

If you want to know more from me. please e-mail me off-list, and if any fern-
net members want to tell Denise about the CD, of course her direct e-mail
address is "Denise" <101989@lizzy.com.au>

This is a resource I started and was greatly helped in finishing it by a friend
from Germany. My intention was to satisfy my own curiosity about what
ferns there are in the world as I had not been able to find a database
anywhere which laid out the basic information concisely and coherently.
I thought that it might be interesting at least for amateurs, but a surprising
number of researchers, academics and institutions as well have bought it.
(But not in my own country -  but isn't that the way life is? ) I am happy that
many people find it useful.