Wierd Weather

I don't know how the rest of the country is faring right now, but here
in east central Iowa we have had the wierdest weather I have ever seen
in my whole life. Last week, we were enjoying seasonably mild 50's. On
Tuesday, we set record high temps...86 degrees where I live. Wednesday
saw upper 70's. Thursday brought some rain and cooling down to 50's and
overnight into Friday temps. dropped to mid 30's...so in less than 4
days, we have had a temperature variation of about 50 degrees...the poor
little flowers in my garden that have bloomed and those that are putting
up foliage are getting very confused. The weekend is supposed to bring
cool temps with rain...which is sorely needed to thoroughly wet the tall
stuff...you wouldn't believe how many grass fires there are here right
now; many counties have enacted burning bans already, something we don't
usually do until late July or August. The ground is wet but the tops of
the tall grasses are very dry--a fact the farmers who

are burning off their ditches seem to keep forgetting. We had roughly
20+ fires in our county alone this past week. Well, looks like I'll have
to try to do my spring clean-up of the gardens in between the
rainstorms, if I can...I can't hardly stand thinking about being cooped
up in the house all weekend when it's April...Have a good weekend,
everyone!

Melody, IA (Z 5/4)

--Albert Einstein